International Female Ride Day moves to Saturday

by on January 25, 2014
in Women Riders

I was interested – and glad – to see that International Female Ride Day will now be held on a Saturday. This means I (and millions of female riders like me who are tied to the US version of a “work week”) will not have to burn a vacation day to participate.

And participate I will! Now make no mistake, ANY day I ride is a “female ride day” – and I don’t depend on a designated day or month to validate me as a female rider. But I don’t begrudge the fact that there IS a designated day – in fact I think it’s kinda cool. And I’ve always wanted to be able to say that I rode with millions of women worldwide on IFRD. This year, it looks like I’ll have that opportunity on Saturday, May 3.

Here’s the full story, from founder Vickie Gray’s website, Motoress.

Thanks to BCN reader Kathy W. for the tip, shared in the comments on my calendar post!

Comments

6 Responses to “International Female Ride Day moves to Saturday”
    1. Sash says:

Sounds good!! Let’s do it!

Smooches,
      Sash

2. Shirley Patterson says:

Maybe our Diva Sisters should plan a chapter ride that day!

3. Michele Fleming says:

Let me know if you plan a ride!

Shirley, I think I would like to plan a ride but not an exclusive Divas ride. Although certainly, Diva shirts would be welcome for those who are members. Michele – let’s count on it, weather permitting of course. I’ll plan a route that takes us north so we can collect you, and maybe do a ladies’ ride-to-eat somewhere. Haverhill, anyone?? :) I’ll post about it and start an email group!

5. Shirley Patterson says:

Sounds good Janet. Haverhill or somewhere – Janet S. always posts about someplace around Huxley or Ames that she likes. Of course, I can’t remember where or what right now but going north to collect Michele and others is a great idea.

6. SevenOver says:

If you’re up for a mom & pop breakfast or lunch, The Grove Cafe on Main street in Ames is the place to go!!